I am a non-resident. How can I find out about my tax obligations abroad?

As a non-resident, you have to report your annual elements of income from French sources, taxable in France in accordance with the Double Taxation Avoidance (DTA) Treaty concluded between France and your State of residence.

However, even if your income is taxed in France, you absolutely must contact the tax services of the State of which you are a resident in order to know precisely your reporting obligations and tax liability in this State.

As a matter of fact, this State may require the filing of an annual tax return of your worldwide income, whatever their source, french, domestic or foreign. This is indeed what France requires from its residents. In such a case, the State of which you are resident will ensure the elimination of double taxation, as the case may be, in accordance with the double taxation avoidance (DTA) Treaty it has concluded with France.

You can find out information on how to get in touch with the tax authorities of eleven countries (Germany, Belgium, Canada, Spain, United States, Italy, Luxembourg, Netherlands, Portugal, United Kingdom, Switzerland) in the section below " en savoir plus".