Main types of income to declare

You need to declare income from French sources that is taxable in France.

However, even if your income is taxed in France, you absolutely must contact the tax services of the State of which you are a resident in order to know precisely your reporting obligations and tax liability in this State.
As a matter of fact, this State may require the filing of an annual tax return of your worldwide income, whatever their source, french, domestic or foreign. This is indeed what France requires from its residents.
In such a case, the State of which you are resident will ensure the elimination of double taxation, as the case may be, in accordance with the double taxation avoidance (DTA) Treaty it has concluded with France.

To help you determine what applies to your personal tax situation, factsheets are available for 36 countries :

Go to the factsheets