I am a non-resident. How can I connect to my personal account or set up one ?
Access to online services via your personal account
All the members of your tax household can access online services by entering their own tax number. They can carry out operations on behalf of the tax household (e.g. declare their income) or consult their own personal tax situation.For more information on any of these services, refer to the "L'offre de services" ("Service offering") page on the impots.gouv.fr website.
As a non resident, how to set up your personal account
If you are liable for income tax or an adult who is part of a tax household
You can create your personal space by yourself, using your three identification elements that appear on your tax documents:
- your "numéro fiscal" ("tax number") : it is made up of 13 digits and appears at the top of the first page of your last tax return and on the main tax documents sent to you (income tax and local tax notices, etc. ).
- your "numéro d'accès en ligne" ("online access number") : it appears on the first page of your last income tax return. This number changes every year. Enter the number displayed on the last tax return received.
- and your "revenu fiscal de référence" ("reference taxable income"): this can be found on the first page of your last income tax notice in the "Vos références" (“Your references”) box. It can also be found in the details of your tax in the "Informations complémentaires" (“Additional information”) section, if it does not appear in the "Vos références" box (in particular if you have received a tax relief notice).
If you do not have any of this information
You can request the creation of a personal account only if:
- you have income subject to withholding tax,
- or if you have a tax number, but are not liable for income tax (for example, you are liable for housing tax or property taxes).
In both cases, you must click on this form on the impots.gouv.fr website.
You will be asked for the following information:
- your civil status,
- your postal address abroad,
- and a copy of proof of identity.
Once your identity has been verified, an email will be sent to you, indicating that you can create your personal account by entering your tax number and your date of birth, from the authentication page of this site.
You will then need to enter your email address and a password that you have chosen. You will then receive an email containing a link on which you must click, within 24 hours, to confirm access to your personal account.
Please note: if you are declaring your income and/or assets in France for the first time this year, you cannot complete this procedure online. You must therefore send your tax department a tax return, which can be downloaded from the search engine on the impots.gouv.fr website.
How to connect to your personal account?
If you already have a personal account, you can connect to it on the impots.gouv.fr website by clicking on the "Votre espace particulier" ("Your personal account") section at the top right of your screen, to access the "Connexion ou création de votre espace" ("Connection or creation of your personnal account").
With your impots.gouv.fr identifiers
Your 13-digit tax number is the unique identifier you use for all your tax procedures.
If you have lost your tax number or your password, refer to the “Help” section.
With the FranceConnect icon
To connect to your personal account, you can also use the "FranceConnect" icon using your identifiers assigned by one of the partners: L'Assurance Maladie, L'Identité Numérique La Poste, MobileConnect et moi or Mutualité Sociale Agricole.
The password will be used for all subsequent connections.
Please note that, thanks to a new security feature for your personal account, if you forget your tax number or password, you can retrieve them by text message. To do this, you need to confirm or enter your mobile phone number into your personal account.
UPDATED DINR PART - MARCH 24, 2022